Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hey Parents,
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  Lisa and I enjoyed watching our Eagles win the championship in such a resounding fashion!

This week and next week I will be focusing on ensuring our class has completed certain midyear benchmarks.  Though the Christmas break is right around the corner, it is important that the students stay committed to finishing out the year with a strong work ethic.  For the next two weeks we will focus more on reading projects and activities during our language arts period.  On Friday the students will take their comprehension test on The Shakespeare Stealer.   For one of our center activities on Wednesday your child will need a mirror.  Like the actors in our novel your child will get to try their hand at using stage makeup to create visual effects.   

I will be sending the topic eight test home for you to review on either Monday or Tuesday so look for that in your child’s folder.  Tuesday we will begin topic 9.  Personally this is one of my favorite topics.  It is about lines, angles, and shapes.  If your child is a visual or tactile learner they will most likely enjoy this topic as well.  Because I am not sure if we will test on this topic before the Christmas break, I will quiz the students on the material we cover this week on Friday. 

I just have a few reminders about the folders.  Please sign any graded work in your child’s folder.  You have probably noticed that I do not take out homework material.  This is for two reasons: one I want to give you ample time to use the homework as a resource to review with your child, and two I want to make sure that you are aware of the material we are covering during each topic.  The lessons build from day to today.

*I am planning on teaching the students a new game at recess this week.  If you have a kickball or something like that could you please send it?  Write your name on it so it won’t be confused with the other balls that are brought in.  I don’t need them on a certain day but I would like to teach them Tuesday or Wednesday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment